Vacasa • June 2018 - Present
I oversee testing, validation, and release management for Vacasa's Trip Manager and company pages. In addition, I've initiated an accessibility audit so our product team and stakeholders can understand accessibility requirements, and the work we need to do in order to meet those requirements for our customers.
Metal Toad • March 2016 - June 2018
As a QA Engineer at Metal Toad, I led the creation of quality standards and practices company-wide, and I owned quality assurance for three Agile teams. My responsibilities included accessibility testing, technical documentation, requirements reviews, and overseeing continuous delivery practices. During feature testing of project work, I was a strong advocate for improved client and user experiences, and balancing client needs against various quality attributes. I also focused on DX (developer experience) by creating flexible processes and workflows for my teams and our engineering department.
Metal Toad • September 2015 - March 2016
During my internship at Metal Toad, I went well above and beyond the role of a typical intern. My accomplishments included:
- Development work for Drupal 7, Drupal 8, and Swift projects
- Creating a security update script for internal use with Node and AWS
- Detailed admin documentation for clients’ use and training
- Strengthening the Metal Toad QA process by comparing and analyzing project workflows
Portland Code School
University of Central Florida
Bachelor of Science: Elementary Education • September 2011 - May 2013
Software Quality Assurance
Additional Work Experience
Metal Toad • August 2017 - September 2017
In addition to my role as a QA Engineer, I took on the role of Scrum Master for my team while we were transitioning between Agile Project Managers. My responsibilities included:
- Ensuring projects and people have what they need to be successful
- Removing development impediments in order to increase productivity and ship completed work
- Coordinating between teams to recognize, reduce, and solve dependencies
- Facilitating communication between product owners and developer team
Peninsula Children’s Learning Center • August 2013 - May 2015
Created and taught curriculum for student cohort age 3-5; communicated with parents, ranging from daily summaries to planning short- and long-term goals for their children’s progress; focused on building social-emotional skills and academic development through play-based learning.
Additional responsibilities included working with administration team to implement practices in alignment with Oregon state standards; set goals for changing or strengthening current practices according to a rigorous timeline; worked to document all standards once they met with state’s requirements.