Hello! You can view my resume below, or click here to download a PDF version: Angela's Resume
Metal Toad • March 2016 - Present
As a QA Engineer at Metal Toad, I've led the creation of quality standards and practices company-wide. Currently, I own quality assurance for three Agile teams. My responsibilities include accessibility testing, technical documentation, requirements reviews, and overseeing continuous delivery practices. During feature testing of project work, I advocate for improved client and user experiences, and balance client needs against various quality attributes. I also focus on DX (developer experience) by creating flexible processes and workflows for my teams and our engineering department.
Metal Toad • September 2015 - March 2016
During my internship at Metal Toad, I went well above and beyond the role of a typical intern. My accomplishments included:
- Development work for Drupal 7, Drupal 8, and Swift projects
- Creating a security update script for internal use with Node and AWS
- Detailed admin documentation for clients’ use and training
- Strengthening the Metal Toad QA process by comparing and analyzing project workflows
Portland Code School
University of Central Florida
Bachelor of Science: Elementary Education • September 2011 - May 2013
Software Quality Assurance
Additional Work Experience
Metal Toad • August 2017 - September 2017
In addition to my role as a QA Engineer, I took on the role of Scrum Master for my team while we were transitioning between Agile Project Managers. My responsibilities included:
- Ensuring projects and people have what they need to be successful
- Removing development impediments in order to increase productivity and ship completed work
- Coordinating between teams to recognize, reduce, and solve dependencies
- Facilitating communication between product owners and developer team
Peninsula Children’s Learning Center • August 2013 - May 2015
Created and taught curriculum for student cohort age 3-5; communicated with parents, ranging from daily summaries to planning short- and long-term goals for their children’s progress; focused on building social-emotional skills and academic development through play-based learning.
Additional responsibilities included working with administration team to implement practices in alignment with Oregon state standards; set goals for changing or strengthening current practices according to a rigorous timeline; worked to document all standards once they met with state’s requirements.